Friday, June 26, 2009

shadows

one thing i never accounted for was my shadow. how can this two dimensional patch of shade ever cause me harm? yet here i am, trying desperately to get away from it. I tell myself that it is high noon, and that warmth envelops me, but i can see the suns long rays cast eerie mirrors down upon the places i used to say were most familiar. they have an ominous tone now,and strange elixir of feelings is swirled up within me, trying to discern threat from illusion in my psyche.
i considered sitting in total darkness waiting this spell out, but i was afraid of what the shadows can do when not fettered to their orignal, to their real, counterpart. Who would be the one to say which is real? which is original then? so i stay with the lights on, clutching thoughts way past the logical reasoning portion of the show, and speculate wildly. madly. incessantly. i wait for the shadows to drag me away, but they never flinch from their fun house mimicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment