Sunday, June 14, 2009

stagnation

if i sit down in the morning and write one page of my thesis, i feel accomplished.... and then waste my day with other things. However, this doesnt even happen most days. I can talk about my thesis for hours, including many of the citations and elaborate on theoretical backgrounds without missing a beat. There is something about the act of writing that drags me down though. I've been acting recently like the keys on my laptop will give me a rash if I touch it too long. Even this blog has been dormant, no dumping of psychological shit into an accesible online medium for people. Of course there is a myriad list of excuses i could drudge up and parade around for no purpose other than for an 'ad hoc' justification of my laziness.
So here's to scraping that little bit of mold off the cheese, and then enjoying some crackers and cheddar. You know its fine, but you're still paranoid about not getting all the nasty mold of it, and so it leaves a strange taste in your mouth, even if its only in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment